Your time is your most valuable asset.
USE IT TO MAKE A TRUE DIFFERENCE IN GIRLS’ LIVES.
Cool Girls provides an opportunity for girls from low-income communities to learn about themselves and others in a positive manner while instilling leadership, confidence and respect. Through after-school educational programs, mentoring and field trips, girls see that they can achieve anything they pursue by setting goals, working diligently and making good choices. Volunteers play a crucial role in helping us change the outcomes for these girls. Join us in making a real difference.
How will you contribute to Cool Girls?
Depending on your availability and personal interests, there are a variety of ways to volunteer with Cool Girls. Find the one that fits you best!
COOL GIRLS CLUB
- A weekly after-school club focused on life skills development, academic support, physical fitness and more
- Work with girls in 2nd – 8th grade
- Help to educate girls on important topics like puberty, self-esteem, conflict resolution and cultural awareness
- Provide exposure to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- A one-to-one mentoring program
- Get matched with Cool Girls participant(s) to act as a role model and provide friendship and personal support
- Develop meaningful relationships with girls, helping to encourage academic achievement and personal development
Become the heart of Cool Girls.
- Work with girls in 8th – 12th grade on Saturdays
- Help lead workshops about life skills, leadership development, college preparation, financial literacy and community service
- Inspire girls to be successful leaders in their schools and communities
- A Beautiful Me — an annual pregnancy prevention workshop highlighting body image and the importance of good nutrition and physical fitness
- Chaperone field trips and off-site outings, which expose participants to cultural, educational and social experiences
- Shopping Days — incentive-based activities for girls to “shop” for back-to-school items and holiday gifts
- Collect supplies for toiletry kits, which ourorganizationn provides to each Cool Girl twice a year to offer essentials items to promote good hygiene
- Plan special events like the Hot Pink Party, Cool Girls’ largest fundraising gala of the year
Here’s how to become a volunteer.